Friday, October 17, 2008

The Beer Barrel Belly Bruiser

One fine day, 100 miles northeast of Pittsburgh in Clearfield, in a local pub called Danny's Beer Barrel Pub, a hungry man came in, and was welcomed happily by a waiter...

Waiter: Hello, Sir! Welcome to Danny's Beer Barrel. May I take your order?
Man: I want a Beer Barrel Belly Bruiser, please.. and Coke.

Ha! I don't think I have the guts to utter those words if I'm sitting in a restaurant all alone. But Brad Scuillo, 21, from Pennsylvania did take the meat marathon challenge last Monday Oct 13, under a five-hour time limit. It took him exactly 4 hours and 39 minutes to finish the burger! I wonder if he stood up and roamed around a little bit, went to the comfort room, etc. Or did he stay seated and munched all throughout the 4-hour and 39-minute period. hehehe

If you're wondering what's in the burger... it included a bun, tomatoes, lettuce, onions, cheese, mild banana peppers and a cup each of mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard and relish - with a total weight of 20.2 lbs! Sounds good, but I prefer to keep my burger normal-sized.

Brad was surprised he finished the sandwich, but said: "I wanted to see if I could." And he absolutely did! For completing the challenge, he won $400, three pieces of t-shirts, and a certificate. If I were him, after having eaten that size, I would probably stay away from burgers for a few months. =) But Kudos to you, Brad!
Source: http://news.yahoo.com/

No comments: