Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Most Expensive Shoes in the World

I wondered how far designers would go when it comes to footwear. I wondered how much the most expensive shoes in the world is, to date; how much people are willing to pay - considering shoes are only meant to keep our feet warm and clean, in it's most basic sense... and we only step on them, literally - walk on dirty streets, even. I started my search, and I found these...

The most expensive shoes in the world is... Harry Winston's Ruby Slippers!! Nope, Harry is not the new Dorothy for the Wizard of Oz. hehe JK! :) Seriously, it's designed by Ronald Winston of the House of Harry Winston. It has 4,600 rubies totaling 1,350 carats (plus 50 carats of diamonds). O_O Javiar Barerra set the precious stones, and it took him two months to do that. The ruby shoes were made in 1989, but were still on sale in 2000. Wanna buy? They're only worth $3 million.

Stuart Weitzman's creations follow. His Cinderella Slippers, worth $2 million, were worn by Alison Krauss at the 2004 Academy Awards. They are studded with 565 Kwiat diamonds—55 carats of clear diamonds and a single 5-carat gem. But unlike Cinderella's slippers, these are not made of glass. If you wanna take a peak, they're currently on display in Beverly Hills, California.

Stuart Weitzman and Le Vian evening shoes are also worth $2 million. They are made of silver leather set with 185 carats of museum-quality tanzanite gemstones along the ankle bracelets, including the two 16-carat gems hanging from each... and 28 carats of diamonds along the front straps. I only have diamond earrings... =/

Stuart Weitzman’s Ruby Slippers are next in line. Oscar Heyman Bros helped in the creation. They were designed for the 2003 Oscars, but were never worn due to the solemn mood of the times. The Ruby Slippers cost $1.2 million, with 642 Burma rubies weighing in at 123.33 carats, and the settings are made of half a pound of platinum.


I wonder how it would feel like to wear any of these shoes - millions of dollars underneath your feet. hehe I certainly wouldn't walk around wearing these in the streets for shoe-preservation purposes and security reasons... =) I wouldn't allow dirt and germs on my million-dollar shoes, and I wouldn't wanna be seen being mobbed by robbers in the streets, pulling each of my legs, while fighting over my shoes. haha Nah, okay, maybe that's an overstatement. But really, it's amazing shoes as expensive as these exist. =)

Source: http://most-expensive.net

No comments: